©2015 Pool Software
All Rights Reserved
Keeping a pool physically clean is as important as the regular addition of chemicals.
the pool is unsightly, increases sanitizer demand and may cause staining of pool surface.
During the swimming season, thoroughly clean your pool at least once a week.
proper circulation and filtration the system should circulate a minimum of 8 -12 hours, up to 24
hours per day, following your pool professional's recommendation. The general maintenance
tips below will help keep your pool looking great and operating smoothly.
1. Maintain proper water level, approximately 2/3 high on skimmer opening. You can lose up
to 3” of water per week through evaporation, splash outs and back-washing.
2. Skim pool surface with leaf skimmer daily or as needed.
3. Brush walls and floor with proper brush weekly, this will reduce your vacuuming time.
4. Remove dirt ring from waterline using a tile and vinyl cleaner.
Clean out skimmer basket.
You may consider using a snap
to keep unwanted items such as toys
and floating dispensers, thermometers, etc. from entering
your skimmer while making the faceplate look new.
6. Clean out hair and lint basket at pump.
7. Check filter pressure. When pressure gauge raises
10 psi above the normal starting pressure you should
backwash or clean
your filter, see Filtration section.
8. Keep deck area clean near pool.
9. Routinely check hoses and equipment; lubricate, tighten and replace when needed.
Vacuum pool weekly or as needed.
See Vacuuming for complete instructions.
11. Test your pool water using your test strips 2-3 times per week and follow a regular
chemical treatment program.
Click here to watch a short video
on Pool Maintenance